There's always lots of questions around a wedding, and booking in for Wedding Makeup, so lets see what I can answer for you to make it more straight forward for you! Your head is surely already swimming with guest lists, venue booking, menu ideas and more!
Do I have to have a trial?
Yes - every bride booked in with me has to have a trial prior to their big day! We want the day to run as smoothly as possible, and being unsure of how you want your makeup and how it will turn out is an unnecessary stress. It also gives us a good chance to meet each other and get to know one another - although I' m sure we'll be besties in no time.
When should I book in for a triAL?
There is no right or wrong answer for this! However, my personal recommendation would be 3-6 months prior to your wedding. That way I will absolutely have the same products, techniques etc to ensure your big day makeup matches your trial makeup - as an artist my skills are always improving and techniques may differ over time. However, a good chunk of my brides get excited as heck (and I don't blame them) and book a trial ASAP
What happens if I have a trial and decide I don't like it/want changes?
That's absolutely fine and within your right! I have many brides who have several trials before settling on a final look - the record so far has been 7 trials.
Also - if you have a trial with me, and you end up feeling like I'm not the makeup artist for you, that's completely valid. The deposit you pay to secure your date covers the cost of your trial so you will lose no money if you decide to not go ahead.
What are your process/STEPS?
Let me break this down into steps
- Initial contact: In our first conversations, I will take the details I need from you to ensure I am available and able to provide makeup for your wedding. I need to know date, location, how many people need their makeup doing and what time you need to be ready for.
- Quote and deposit: I will provide you with a quote for the full cost of your wedding with the details you have provided me. Once confirmed I'm available and the quote is within your budget, I will take a deposit which is sent via bank transfer.
- Discussion: Undoubtedly, we will already have discussed ideas and themes by this point. However, once the deposit is paid I give you my number for us to send images and discuss ideas via Whatsapp, as I find this the easiest way to track and hold onto your ideas and information. We can start brain storming the ideal makeup look for you. I usually ask for a mood board of ideas you like (Pinterest is a good website for this), and also a few images of how you usually like to wear your makeup.
- Trial: We book your trial for a date that suits you and we make your mood board and our brain storm a reality! Trials take 2 hours and I take several pictures at the end of your trial for my reference!
- Trial Check backs: After your trial, I do 2 check backs with you. One within 48 hours for initial feedback. Did it last? Did you like it? Do you want to make any changes?
I then do a second check back a week or so later to confirm everything once you've had even more time to think. If you would like a second trial, we then set this up.
- The Pre Big Day: I will send you a message in the 72 hours prior to your wedding to re-confirm details such as any allergies, the location and time you all need to be ready for. I will also send you a running order of roughly what time slots people will be having their makeup done
- The Big Day: I will arrive 15 mins prior to the first time slot to give me time to set up and then we're ready to rock and roll! I pride myself on us having a fun relaxed morning getting ready!
Do you require a deposit?
Yes - A deposit is £50, and is sent via bank transfer.
No booking is official until the deposit is paid, the date is not officially yours until the deposit is received. The prices can also be subject to change from the initial quote until the deposit is paid, however once the deposit is paid the price will not change.
Deposits are non refundable.
When is payment due?
Payment is due on or before your big day. Payment is required in full before I leave your venue. If you wish to pay early, you are more than welcome
Do you travel?
Yes! I travel within a 200 mile radius of Leeds
However, further afield weddings are viable for a further travel fee.
Weddings that are 2 hours + away from Leeds, may require a hotel fee to be charged, this will be at price cost of a local hotel of my choice (Travelodge/Premier Inn/IBIS) - you will be made aware of this requirement at the time of booking and the fee will be factored into your quote.
Do you charge travel fees?
Weddings within the LS post code have no travel fees.
Travel fees for weddings outside of the LS post code are charged per mile, based on the mileage of the round trip.
Do you have a minimum/Maximum Bridal party size?
Yes and No!
Weddings within West Yorkshire are available for Wedding Parties of 1 (just the bride)
Weddings further than West Yorkshire require 1 Bride and at least 1 Wedding Party member.
For larger Wedding Parties, I have a colleague who can attend Weddings with me, who I have worked with for the last 6 years. If she attends, I will still be doing the Bride's makeup.
Are there any Weddings you won't do? Are you inclusive?
I am fully inclusive. My kit is Vegan and Cruelty Free, I carry a huge range of shades and work on all skin tones and types.
My salon is fully accessible with a ramp and lift for those who require it when attending their Trial.
I am also an LGBTQIA+ friendly makeup artist.
I will not do Wedding Makeup for bigots and dickheads!